The Maasai Mara Wildlife Conservancies Association is a membership organisation of the Mara Conservancies established in 2013. We have a mandate from landowners and tourism parties to play an overarching coordination role for Greater Mara Ecosystem stakeholders. Currently, we have a membership of 24 conservancies at different stages of development, covering about 450,000 acres. Our member conservancies bring together over 15,000 landowners who annually receive approximately 7.5 Million paid as lease fees.
A vibrant and unified Mara ecosystem where the community and wildlife coexist sustainably for the prosperity of all.
Grow and strengthen Mara Conservancies for wildlife and livelihood improvement.
Our Core Values
Making A Difference
Achieving Our Mandate
To achieve our mandate, we have directed our focus on the following six broad areas:
- Improve conservancy governance.
- Support the establishment of new conservancies and wildlife corridors.
- Work with policy-makers to develop frameworks that incentivise and support the growth of Mara Conservancies.
- Enhance communication and coordination across the landscape.
- Support conservancies to have resilient and diversified revenue models.
- Institutional strengthening of our organisation so that we can deliver our mission.